In the interest of keeping competition fair, those wishing to play in either the Open Competition and/or the 6ft. and Under Competitions must be at least 40 in order to compete in the 35 and over brackets as well.
If you would like to download this document so that all members of your team can read the rules over, Please click on the link below:
Rules & Regulations
Section I. General Information
- All proceeds from the event shall benefit the youth of Pagosa Springs and Ignacio, Colorado, in the form of a scholarship to further their education.
- The entry fee is set at $250.00 per team. (check will be accepted prior to the 5th)
- To assure a spot on the bracket, the deadline for the entry fee or deposit of $125.00 IS REQUIRED by April 1, 2017
- The remaining balance of the entry fee will be due and MUST be in the hand of the Director of the Tournament before your first game is played. (No personal checks accepted after the 10th) Cash or money orders only
- This tournament will consist of three (3) brackets:
- Six foot and under B). Open C) 35 years and older
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams. There will also be an award given to the Tournament MVP as well as numerous door prizes throughout the tournament.
- All games are to be played at the Pagosa Springs High School Gymnasium & Jr. High School Gymnasium.
- The first game score book is the OFFICIAL ROSTER.
- Teams that are within a 100 mile radius of Pagosa Springs will most likely be seeded to play on Thursday April 06th. Games start at 6 p.m.
- Teams that travel in excess of 100 miles from Pagosa Springs will be seeded to play their first game on Friday April 07th. Games start at 9 a.m.
- The Dirk & Colt Ross Memorial Basketball Tournament will not be held responsible for losses, thefts, physical damage or vandalism to personal property.
- Players will be allowed to dunk the basketball and extended high school rules will be used. The 3-point shot will also be used. We strongly stress NO hanging on the rims.
- All players listed on the roster will acknowledge a release in which they can in no way hold the Dirk & Colt Ross Memorial Basketball Tournament, the Pagosa Springs School district, or the town of Pagosa Springs Recreation Department responsible for any accidents that may occur.
Section II. Eligibility of Teams
- Any team using an ineligible player shall forfeit the game.
- All protests (regarding the ineligible player) will take place after the game is over (not before or during the game).
- A player exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct will be barred from competing in the tournament.
- Technical fouls, poor sportsmanship:
- A $25.00 fine will be paid before re-entering the game.
- The player will be barred from the game for five (5) minutes. Coaches are responsible for their players before, during and after the games.
- Three (3) technical fouls on a team during a game will result in an automatic forfeit.
- No player will be carried on two (2) rosters in the same bracket.
- Players cannot be added to the roster after the first game of the tournament
- A minimum of four (4 players must be dressed to play before start of the game or result in a forfeit.
- If a player is found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during a game will cause his team to forfeit.
- All decisions of the game official will be FINAL and backed by the tournament director and committee.
- A roster of the team must be filled out and signed before players can play.
Section III. Playing
- Eighteen (18) minute halves will be played during each game.
** Championship game will be twenty (20) minute halves.
- A running clock will be used. The clock will only stop during the last two (2) minutes of the second half, for jump balls, free-throw, timeouts and balls that are thrown out of play if the score is within 10 points.
The game clock for championship games will stop the last three (3) minutes if score is within then (10) points.
- Each player is allowed six (6) fouls per game.
- Time allotted between games will be ten (10) minutes and five (5) minutes between halves.
- All players is a game shall have the same color jerseys with numbered tops (NO EXCEPTIONS) (NO TAPE-ONS)
- Tournament will begin on April 06th 2017, at the Pagosa Springs High School & Jr. High School Gymnasiums. Tournament brackets and schedules will be mailed to you.
- The entry fee covers a maximum of ten (10) players and a minimum of five (5) players.
- A jump ball shall start each game and then alternated when each jump ball is called.
- An INTENTIONAL FOUL will result in two (2) free-throws and retain possession of the ball.
- The championship game is final.
- Each team will have two (2) twenty (20) second time outs per half. Four (4) total per game.
- For each overtime, each team will receive one (1) extra time out.
- Each overtime period will be three (3) minutes in length.
- All divisions will play the release on all foul shots.